If you live in Atlanta, painting your chain link fence can bring new life to your home and neighborhood. Choose a metallic colored paint if you want it to look new, or go with a fun color to lighten up the space. A green, for example, will help the fence blend in with the grass, making it less of an eye sore.
Tips for Painting your Atlanta Chain Link Fence
For those Atlanta residents ready to paint their chain link fence fence, consider the following steps. Before getting started, remove all grass and weeds from along the base and take a wire brush to thoroughly to remove any rust.
- Chose an exterior oil based paint that has rust inhibiting features to it. In most cases, you can find paints for fencing, but ensure it is for a metal fence. Also, realize that you will get about twice as much coverage from a gallon since you are not painting a solid surface.
- Place a drop cloth under the edge of the fence. You will drip paint due to the ground frequently.
- Work on one section at a time. Using a brush, tip the brush into the paint and then apply to the posts and rails. Once a section of this is done, do the chain link fence. Ensure you get into all sides and crevices created.
- You can use a roller to do the chain link portion of the fence. Use a quality roller if you do as it will hold onto the paint better, giving you a more even covering.
- Go from side to side painting the fence. Keep the amount of paint to the reduced level to ensure a good amount of coverage.
And there you have it, folks. For those considering painting there chain link fence in Atlanta, this should get you up and going. Just be sure to store the paint properly when finished and allow the fence to dry thoroughly before touching it. Also, try to avoid painting when there is a threat of rain for the day of the painting and the day after.